Job Location: Houston, TX
This is a full-time role in the field of oil & gas related process equipment and related facilities reporting to the Vice President of Process Facilities. Duties of role to include the process and mechanical design of equipment and piping systems related to various onshore and offshore upstream and midstream facilities. Candidate must be knowledgeable of the related ASME and API codes as well as familiarity with regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Possesses minimum 15+ years’ experience in the project and detailed engineering of upstream and/or midstream related facilities.
- Supervise/direct Houston based Engineers and CAD Designer staff. Currently consisting of 3 Engineers and 4 CAD Designers. Opportunity for growth.
- Assist management in various business development activities including seeking out new customers and maintaining good relationships with current customers.
- Participate and/or lead preparation of estimates and proposals.
- Ability to meet deadlines working on multiple projects and clients with minimum supervision and taking some responsibility for planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Maintain a high standard of work performance and ensuring that all done is in accordance with the drafting standards of the company and client.
- Solid communications skills and ability to interreact direct with clients, suppliers and upper management.
- Coordinate with PERC staff in Lafayette, Fort Worth and Midland offices
- Interface as needed with other Engineering disciplines.
- Ability to read and create P&IDs and other engineering documents.
- Ability to direct and manage the piping design of facilities.
- Knowledgeable of sizing and selecting process equipment including oil & gas separators, scrubbers, treaters, pumps, gas treating, compressors, etc.
- Ability to understand the basics of process instrumentation and recommend control systems designs.
- Work both independently and alongside an engineering team to develop both high level and detailed design of process and mechanical piping systems.
- Ability to lead project teams.
- Report job activity and maintain detailed logs about work activities, reporting to project managers and executive management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of work products and standards.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an ABET accredited university in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Petroleum Engineering.
- 15+ years’ experience in oil & gas process facilities
- Previous supervision/management experience.
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and walk for long periods of time
- Must pass background check and be able to pass both a pre-employment & random drug test(s)
- Must be able to travel occasionally up to 25% including overnight travel to various locations & customer sites to provide service based on business needs
- Duties performed indoors & outdoors with exposure to weather and elements.
Or, reply in full confidentiality: careers@PERC-eng.com
We will respond only to US based and authorized to work for any US employer candidates.
Or send your resume to:
Human Resource Department
1880 S. Dairy Ashford Rd., Suite 606
Houston, TX 77077 (USA)